The McKinney Law Group believes in supporting arts and art education at all levels of life and experience. The arts enhance our communities, promote economic growth and enrich our lives.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
We are offering a $1,500.00 scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year to current college students who specialize in the visual arts (painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture, ceramics or photography). The scholarship is based upon artistic merit.
Applicants must be registered as a full-time student in an art degree program for the 2018-2019 school year and must be pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degree. Applicants must have a 2.5 G.P.A. or higher. The funds obtained from this scholarship may be used for textbooks, art supplies, fees, tuition or any other items included in the cost of art education.
Applications must be submitted by April 1, 2018. Each portfolio will be judged by a panel and the winner will be announced on May 1, 2018. The winner will be announced via email blast to all lawyers in the Tampa Bay area, on our website as well as the McKinney Law Group Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ pages.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following documents:
- Current college transcripts.
- A current curriculum vitae or résumé.
- A cover letter explaining your artistic philosophy and reason for requesting a scholarship.
- A portfolio of at least 5 pieces of visual art. Submissions may be in photograph format. Please provide the size, medium, name of the piece and a short description.
- If the student has a website or social media page (Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.) that showcases their work, please provide a link. Do not provide personal social media websites.
Submit your application to
Please submit only one email containing all attachments. If the email is too large, you may submit a Dropbox link containing your portfolio.
For information about last years winner, click here.