Hiring the Right Family Attorney Tampa FL Clients Trust
The family attorney you work with can have a major impact on the outcome of your divorce. That’s why you shouldn’t rush to hire the first lawyer who shows up in a Google search. Taking the time to hire a lawyer who fits your needs will benefit you in the long run. Here are some tips for hiring the right Tampa FL family attorney:
Speak to a Family Lawyer as Early as Possible
It’s wise to schedule a meeting with a family attorney as soon you know for sure that your marriage is ending. If you are not particularly fond of the first lawyer you meet, you still have time to meet with other ones. If you wait until you’re served with papers to talk to a lawyer, you may feel pressured to hire the first one you speak to.
Choose a Tampa FL Lawyer Who Understands Family Law Practice
When you are going through a divorce, it’s critical to hire a lawyer who focuses his or her practice on family law. That way, he or she is more likely to be up to date on changes in divorce law and has the appropriate experience to handle your case efficiently. You should also choose a lawyer who has experience with your particular type of divorce. For example, if you have minor children, you may want to hire a lawyer who has handled child custody battles before.
During your initial consultation, the Tampa FL family lawyer is not the only one who should be asking questions. You should also have a list of questions on your own. The more information you obtain about a lawyer’s skills and experience, the better. A good family lawyer will be more than happy to answer all of your questions. Some of the questions you may want to ask include:
- How long have you practiced family law?
- Where did you attend law school?
- How many cases do you settle?
- What is the best way to reach you?
- Do you see any challenges in my case?
- Will you be the only lawyer working on my case?
- What are your fees?
Choose a Lawyer You Feel Comfortable With
A family lawyer could have all the experience and in the world, but if you don’t feel comfortable with the person, he or she probably isn’t right for your case. During your initial consultation with a family lawyer, pay careful attention to how you feel around him or her. Do you feel comfortable opening up to the attorney? Does the attorney truly seem like he or she cares about your best interests? If you feel like something isn’t right about the attorney you speak to, it’s best to move on to someone else.
If you follow these tips, family divorce lawyers offer free initial consultations, so it does not hurt to speak to one as soon as possible.
If you are planning to get divorced, you may want to consult with a family attorney Tampa FL trusts from The McKinney Law Group. Damien McKinney has been practicing family law for the past 10 years and has been named a rising star by Super Lawyers every year since 2012. With a skilled lawyer like Damien on your side, you may be able to reach a favorable outcome in your divorce.
How Long Does a Divorce Take?
If you want to file for divorce, you are probably curious about how long the process actually takes. The truth is that it can vary greatly. Some divorces take just a few months while others take years. The amount of time your divorce will take may depend on several different factors, such as the amount of conflict in your divorce and the mandatory waiting period in your state.
One of the best ways to speed up the divorce process is to act quickly. Don’t hesitate to gather all the documents relevant to your divorce and schedule a consultation with a family attorney in Tampa FL.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Family Attorney?
A divorce can get complicated and messy, so it may be important to have an experienced family attorney Tampa FL respects on your side. Here are a few benefits a family lawyer may provide:
- Favorable Settlement: If you have a skilled family lawyer on your side, you may improve your chances of receiving a favorable settlement. An experienced family lawyer has likely handled divorce cases in the past and knows how to negotiate with other lawyers.
- Assistance with Paperwork: Getting divorced requires filling out a lot of paperwork. Some of the terminology in divorce paperwork can be difficult to understand. A family attorney Tampa FL depends may help you fill out this paperwork in a timely fashion and avoid making errors.
- Objectivity: When you are going through a divorce, it is normal to experience many different emotions. However, these emotions could cause you to make a decision you will later regret. A Tampa family attorney is there to offer objectivity and deter you from making rash decisions.
- Communicate with Ex-Spouse: If you and your spouse ended things on bad terms, you might feel uneasy about speaking to him or her. If you have a family lawyer by your side, your lawyer can handle all communication with your ex-spouse and with his/her legal counsel.
- Emotional Support: A family attorney Tampa FL relies on is also there for emotional support. Going through a divorce can be very stressful and it is helpful to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side.
Contact The McKinney Law Group Today
Do not wait to hire legal representation for your divorce case. At our firm, we understand that all family law matters can take a toll on our clients’ well-being and financial stability. Our mission is to provide counsel that is trustworthy and dependable, even in the most complex cases.
For more information, or to speak with a family attorney Tampa FL residents depend on, contact The McKinney Law Group.