If you are planning to get divorced, you may want to consult with a family attorney Tampa FL trusts from The McKinney Law Group. Damien McKinney has been practicing family law for the past 10 years and has been named a rising star by Super Lawyers every year since 2012. With a skilled lawyer like Damien on your side, you may be able to reach a favorable outcome in your divorce.
How Long Does a Divorce Take?
If you want to file for divorce, you are probably curious about how long the process actually takes. The truth is that it can vary greatly. Some divorces take just a few months while others take years. The amount of time your divorce will take may depend on several different factors, such as the amount of conflict in your divorce and the mandatory waiting period in your state.
One of the best ways to speed up the divorce process is to act quickly. Don’t hesitate to gather all the documents relevant to your divorce and schedule a consultation with a family attorney in Tampa FL.
What Are the Benefits of Hiring a Family Attorney?
A divorce can get complicated and messy, so it may be important to have an experienced family attorney Tampa FL respects on your side. Here are a few benefits a family lawyer may provide:
- Favorable Settlement: If you have a skilled family lawyer on your side, you may improve your chances of receiving a favorable settlement. An experienced family lawyer has likely handled divorce cases in the past and knows how to negotiate with other lawyers.
- Assistance With Paperwork: Getting divorced requires filling out a lot of paperwork. Some of the terminology in divorce paperwork can be difficult to understand. A family attorney Tampa FL depends may help you fill out this paperwork in a timely fashion and avoid making errors.
- Objectivity: When you are going through a divorce, it is normal to experience many different emotions. However, these emotions could cause you to make a decision you will later regret. A Tampa family attorney is there to offer objectivity and deter you from making rash decisions.
- Communicate With Ex-Spouse: If you and your spouse ended things on bad terms, you might feel uneasy about speaking to him or her. If you have a family lawyer by your side, your lawyer can handle all communication with your ex-spouse and with his/her legal counsel.
- Emotional Support: A family attorney Tampa FL relies on is also there for emotional support. Going through a divorce can be very stressful and it is helpful to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side.
Contact The McKinney Law Group Today
Do not wait to hire legal representation for your divorce case. At our firm, we understand that all family law matters can take a toll on our clients’ wellbeing and financial stability. Our mission is to provide counsel that is trustworthy and dependable, even in the most complex cases.
For more information, or to speak with a family attorney Tampa FL residents depend on, contact The McKinney Law Group at 813-906-0048.