Child support refers to any financial support regarding the care of child after a dissolution, paternity or an annulment of marriage. Support for a child is given to an obligee, also known as a custodial parent or guardian that is provided by an obligor (a non-custodial parent). The range of expenses for child support are wide and may include, but are not limited to: fees for medical care, school, and extracurricular activities.  



If child support orders need to be modified, files may be sent to the Florida Department of Revenue Child Enforcement Office. It should be noted that child support cannot be declared as un-modifiable; Obligers and obligees have the ability to change child support orders under applicable circumstances.

If you have any questions related to family law or require legal assistance in other areas of Family Law you may always contact Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group to discuss your case further. He can be reached by phone at 813-428-3400 or by e-mail at contact@themckinneylawgroup.com.

Child Support Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):

What Is Considered Income For Child Support Purposes?

How To Calculate Child Support?

What Are Child Support Arrears?

How Will A Trump Presidency Impact Obama’s Child Support Regulation?

Can The Court Award Child Support After A Child Turns 18?

Is My Bonus Calculated Into Child Support?

Who Pays For Travel Expenses?

Was Your Child Support Hearing Transcribed?

Tampa Divorce Lawyer

Blog posts related to child support:

child support lawyer
August 14, 2017 The McKinney Law Group

What Is Considered Income for Child Support Purposes?

What income is used for child support guidelines?
child support lawyer
June 15, 2017 The McKinney Law Group

Suspended License for Failure to Pay Child Support

The federal government can suspend your drivers license for failure to pay court ordered child support. 

Tampa Divorce
June 15, 2017 The McKinney Law Group

Health Insurance After Divorce

What happens to your health insurance after you divorce? 

child support lawyer
June 15, 2017 The McKinney Law Group

Tax Intercept for Past Due Child Support

The Federal Government can intercept your tax return if you owe back child support.