Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group provides legal services regarding child support Tampa FL parents can rely on. He can be reached at 813-906-0048 and offers a free case review to parents seeking legal guidance for child support issues.
Child Support Payments
Both parents have a legal duty to pay child support in Tampa FL, even if the parents are no longer in a relationship. Florida Child Support Guidelines determine how much financial support each parent is obligated to pay. However, the formula that is used to calculate the support amounts is based on the assumption that the correct numbers are inputted. In addition, events can occur and situations change that affect a parent’s ability to contribute to child support. Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group understands that sometimes a responsible parent needs help negotiating their child support payments.
Calculation of Child Support Payments
When it comes to monthly payments for child support Tampa FL courts determine that amount based on several factors.
- The child’s financial needs such as medical insurance and copays.
- Daycare expenses.
- Tutor costs.
- Monthly food and clothing costs for the child.
- Fees associated with extracurricular activities and equipment such as sports gear.
- Each parent’s individual income.
- The number of times on average that the child sleeps at one or the other parent’s house in a given time period. This can greatly affect how Tampa child support Tampa FL judges may rule regarding payment amounts.
Modifying Child Support Payment Amounts
When a couple separates and one moves out, this causes a domino of changes for most people. This is especially true for their individual, as well as shared, finances. If they co-own a house, the person who moves out may have to shoulder the additional financial burden of rent as well as a shared mortgage payment. There will likely be additional utility bills and maintenance costs. During this transitional time, it can be impossible to accurately predict a consistent net income. The McKinney Law Group can petition the court on your behalf so that the payments for child support Tampa FL requires you to pay are fair and you can reasonably expect to meet your obligation.
Benefits of Hiring a Child Support Lawyer
If you are having trouble collecting child support, it may be in your best interest to hire a child support lawyer Tampa FL residents trust. The process can be quite complicated, and you want someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. Let’s take a look at some of the benefits of working with a child support lawyer:
- Knowledge in Family Law: Family law can be complex, so it helps to have someone with extensive knowledge working with you. A reputable child support lawyer in Tampa FL knows the ins and outs of family law and can make sure all the rules are followed. For example, he or she may ensure that you don’t miss any filing deadlines in order to receive child support.
- Assistance With Paperwork: Filling out child support paperwork may be more complicated than you think. If you make one small error, it can slow down the entire process. A child support lawyer Tampa FL clients respect may help you fill out this paperwork accurately the first time so that you don’t have to do it again.
- Quick Response on Skip Outs: It can be very disheartening when an ex-spouse tries to skip out on child support payments. Some individuals try to avoid paying child support by changing jobs or addresses. Luckily, a child support lawyer Tampa FL residents rely on has the time and determination to respond quickly to this dilemma and get your child’s income as fast as possible.
Questions to Ask a Child Support Lawyer
During your initial consultation with a Tampa child support lawyer, it may be beneficial to inquire about his or her skills and experience. Here are a few questions you may want to ask a child support lawyer:
- How Many Cases Have You Handled Similar to Mine? It may be important to hire a lawyer who has dealt with several child support cases similar to yours. For example, if your ex-spouse skipped out on child support payments, you may want to work with a lawyer who has experience tracking down individuals who stopped making payments and forcing them to pay.
- How Do You Plan to Handle My Child Support Case? Find out how a child support lawyer Tampa FL residents count on plans to tackle your child support case. For instance, your lawyer may ask the court to garnish your ex-spouse’s wages or withhold federal tax returns.
- What Are Your Fees? The fees child support lawyers charge can vary, so it is important to find out about them during your first consultation. Some lawyers charge by the hours while others charge a flat fee for their services.
- Do You Have Time to Take My Case? Before you hire a child support lawyer in Tampa FL , you may want to find out about his or her current caseload. If a lawyer is handling a large amount of child support cases right now, he or she might not have enough time to give your case the attention it deserves.
Child Support Legal Representation
Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group understands the importance of supporting family and fulfilling child support requirements. He also understands that a committed and responsible parent sometimes needs legal representation to protect their rights. Unfortunately, your former spouse and the court may not be as understanding and are unwilling to work with you. If you’re faced with the difficult circumstances of a short or long term financial hardship, you may need the help of an experienced lawyer to reduce the child support Tampa FL has dictated that you need to pay. Damien McKinney can review your case at no charge and let you know if he can be of service to you. Contact Damien McKinney of The McKinney Law Group at 813-906-0048 for legal guidance regarding child support Tampa FL residents can trust.